April marks the celebration of Easter, the opening day of Major League Baseball, Tax Day and hopefully the last frost heralding the beginning of garden season for the Northern and Central Midwest regions.
Continuing our monthly blog series with creative QR campaign ideas, here are several creative QR campaign ideas providing relevant reasons to connect with your customers this April.
Theme: Baseball Season Opening Night (4/4)
Sample Industries: Bars, Restaurants, Entertainment, Retail
- Use QR codes incorporated into point-of-sale and table-tops displays to direct customers to a website where they can register to redeem points towards discounted meals, drinks and appetizers during baseball season by providing customer information and an email address
- Offer coupons celebrating baseball season via email with QR codes for easy and convenient redemption
Theme: Easter (4/8)
Sample Industries: Food Manufacturers, Groceries, Entertainment, Restaurants, Florists, Retail Gifts, Candy
- Use QR codes placed in newspaper coupon pages or advertising posters to link to a webpage where customers can quickly order a ham or pre-filled Easter baskets and schedule a pickup date
- Use QR codes placed in newspaper or magazine advertising sections or advertising posters to instantly make a reservation for Easter brunch or dinner
- Incorporate QR codes into customer mailers offering discounts on Easter services, products and entertainment including floral arrangements, candy and gifts
Theme: Tax Day (4/17)
Sample Industries: Financial Services, Banking, Building Products
- Use QR codes within a direct mail campaign to offer last minute tax tips
- Use the timing of Tax Day in April to offer promotional incentives for consumers to spend their tax refunds on home improvement. Include a QR code on direct mail pieces to link to special offers on products and services such as:
1. Roof and gutter inspection and repair
2. HVAC inspection and repair
3. Deck sealing and repair
4. Landscaping products and services
5. Gardening essentials
Theme: Spring Rodent and Pest Prevention & Control
Sample Industries: Exterminating and Pest Control, Property and Casualty Insurance, Financial Services, Banking, Building Products
- U.S. residents spend an estimated $5 billion each year to control termites and repair termite damage. Use QR codes incorporated into direct mailers, newsletters and brochures to provide information to consumers about pest prevention and to offer incentives and discounts for home inspections and rodent and pest prevention measures:
1. Seal cracks and holes outside of the home including entry points for any utilities or pipes
2. Repair fascia, soffits and rotted roof shingles, as some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood
3. Replace weather stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows
Theme: National Car Care Month
Sample Industries: Auto Insurance, Banking, Financial Services
- Use direct mail campaigns detailing customers’ actual versus recommended coverage with a QR response component to link to a website where customers can quickly review their policy and add additional coverage options
- Use the theme of National Car Care Month in direct mail, newsletters and emails offering a discount on auto repairs and services with a new account opening; include a QR code linking to a webpage where customers can provide information to sign up
Include a call to action to improve chances of QR redemption
Test QR codes and review our recommended QR code specifications before launching any campaign.
Have a plan in place for how you’re going to retire and redirect content after the life of your QR code promotion.
With all the fun events April is host to, April is a great month for innovative campaigns. We hope you’ve found some creative ideas for integrating QR codes into your April campaigns and some relevant reasons to connect with your customers in the process. See an idea here that you liked? Let us know if you give it a try!
* For more information on how to use QR codes effectively, sign-up for QR Code Tips and Tricks.