If March has a color, it would be green. In its (hopefully) verdant splendor, March ushers in the beginning of spring and is also host to St. Patrick’s Day and Earth Day, providing several seasonal themes you can incorporate into creative QR campaigns. Continuing our monthly blog series providing QR campaign ideas, here’s the March line-up.
Theme: National Nutrition Month
Sample Industries: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Hospitals and Clinics, Fitness, Weight Management, Food Manufacturers, Groceries, Pharmaceutical
- Use QR codes in newsletters, direct mail pieces, or magazines to link to nutrition training videos and informational resources with tips for building a balanced diet and making time to integrate healthy cooking and exercising into your daily routine
Theme: American Red Cross Month
Sample Industries: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Property and Casualty Insurance, Hospitals and Clinics
- Use QR codes placed on billing and policy statements to access a website where customers can make a donation to the American Red Cross to support disaster relief and emergency preparedness locally or globally (see example)
Theme: Women's History Month/International Women's Day (Mar. 8)
Sample Industries: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Hospitals and Clinics, Fitness, Weight Management, Financial Services
- Use QR codes placed on direct mail pieces, newsletters, and statements to promote awareness of women’s health issues, such as heart & breast health, and to encourage women to sign up for routine mammograms and physicals
- Use QR codes to link to a website where customers can sign up to participate in microfinance programs supporting women in developing countries
Theme: St. Patrick's Day (Mar. 17)
Sample Industries: Bars, Restaurants, Entertainment, Retail
- Not everyone can dye the Chicago River green, but you CAN use a green-colored QR code shared via point-of-sale displays, storefronts, and table-tops to direct customers to a website where they can redeem discounts for St. Patrick’s Day festivities
Theme: 1st Day of Spring (Mar. 20)
Sample Industries: Health Insurance, Property and Casualty Insurance, Life Insurance
- Use the spirit of spring cleaning and QR codes placed on direct mail pieces, newsletters and billing statements to prompt an annual policy review of homeowner’s insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, and disability and life insurance
Sample Industries: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Property and Casualty Insurance, Financial Services, Banking, Building Products
- Use QR codes incorporated into direct mail pieces, newsletters, and magazine advertisements to offer incentives and discounts for home improvement services, products and inspections including:
1. Outdoor entertaining products and services
2. Landscaping products and services
3. Roof and gutter inspection and repair
4. HVAC inspection and repair
5. Foundation inspection and repair
6. Deck sealing and repair
7. Water heater inspection
8. Basement and attic inspection
- Use QR codes placed in direct mail campaigns to announce and link to tax incentives for installing energy-efficient windows and doors, insulation, and HVAC systems
Theme: Earth Day (Mar. 20)
Sample Industries: Insurance, Financial Services, Banking, Hospitals and Clinics
- Use QR codes to link to an online form to sign up for paperless statements and share what your organization is doing to minimize environmental impact
Need help executing your campaign? We can help! Let us know via our Contact Us page and someone from our team will be in touch to follow up.
Include a call to action to improve chances of QR redemption.
Test QR codes and review our recommended QR code specifications before launching any campaign.
Have a plan in place for how you’re going to retire and redirect content after the life of your QR code promotion.
* For more information on how to use QR codes effectively, sign-up for QR Code Tips and Tricks.
From using QR codes to tout energy efficiency incentives and green initiatives to suggesting a QR code that is literally green, above we’ve provided some ideas for informative and value-added campaigns focused on spring cleaning and greening. Were you surprised by our idea to change the color of your QR code? If you have incorporated color in the past, how has color impacted scans?