June is host to the first day of summer and carries the official designation of Great Outdoors Month. Customers look forward to Father’s Day and outdoor sporting events, including the US Open and the beginning of the Wimbledon. June is also a perfect month to tackle summer home, landscaping, and gardening projects.
Sample Industries: Auto Insurance, Banking, Financial Services, Health Insurance, Life Insurance
- Use QR codes on direct mailers to link to a mobile-optimized website where customers can easily update their graduate’s policy and contact information
- Use QR codes on direct mailers to offer discounted interest rates and financing options for college loans
Theme: National Drive Safe Month
Sample Industries: Auto Industry, Auto Insurance, Auto Repair
- Use QR codes on direct mailers and in customer emails to offer a discount on a comprehensive maintenance check and promote National Drive Safe Month with auto safety tips
- Use QR codes to link to a mobile-optimized web form where customers can enroll in regular vehicle-specific maintenance reminders sent via email or text (wiper blades, oil changes, transmission fluid, etc)
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to offer promotional incentives for driving vehicles earning the highest safety ratings according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Theme: Great Outdoors Month/Golf, US Open (Jun. 14)/Wimbledon (Jun. 25)
Sample Industries: Fitness, Parks & Recreation, Retail, Weight Management
- Use QR codes on direct mailers or informational flyers to access a link to an application download with local parks & recreation information and maps
- Use QR codes on point-of-sale displays and promotional flyers to redeem a discount on golf or tennis merchandise or apparel
- Use QR codes on direct mailers linked to a mobile-optimized website where customers can easily register and pay for sports lessons
Theme: Father's Day (Jun. 17)
Sample Industries: Bars, Entertainment, Fitness, Retail
- Use QR codes on table tops, menus and coasters to link to a web form where customers can enroll in discounts on Father’s Day entertainment and dining by providing their name, phone number and email address
- Use QR codes on direct mailers to redeem discounted sports gear for Dad
- Use QR codes printed on receipts to offer an immediate discount on goods or services purchased redeemable through the QR scan
Theme: First Day of Summer (Jun. 20)
Sample Industries: Banking, Building Products, Financial Services, Property and Casualty Insurance, Retail
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to offer discounts, incentives or financing for summer repair projects:
1. Seal & repair decking
2. Caulking repair
3. Repair cracks in concrete
4. Repair or replace damaged home siding
5. Clean roof vents
- Use QR codes on point-of-sale materials to enroll customers in periodic promotional emails, and offer a discount on the current purchase for enrolling
- Use QR codes in newspaper advertisements and mailers to offer a 10% discount on warm weather vegetables
Need help executing your campaign? We can help! Let us know via our Contact Us page and someone from our team will be in touch to follow up.
A. Include a call to action to improve chances of QR redemption.
B. Test QR codes and review our recommended QR code specifications before launching any campaign.
C. Have a plan in place for how you’re going to retire and redirect content after the life of your QR code promotion.
With the warm summer weather that is perfect for outdoor projects, gardening and summer sports, there are many opportunities to leverage QR campaigns to connect with your customers in relevant and creative ways this June!
* For more information on how to use QR codes effectively, sign-up for QR Code Tips and Tricks.
How are you using QR codes to offer point-of-sale discounts and incentives? Have you tried printing QR codes on your receipts as a part of your loyalty program?