While the dog days of summer are winding down, August is host to cookouts, outdoor entertainment, and back to school preparations alike. As much time as you’ll be spending outdoors, however, checking your air conditioning units and reducing cooling costs should also be a priority.
Theme: Back to School
Sample Industries: Entertainment, Financial Services, Parks & Recreation, Retail
- Use QR codes in direct mailers, newspaper inserts and flyers to offer promotional discounts or financing on back to school expenses such as supplies, backpacks, sports gear, shoes, and clothing
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to offer discounts on last minute children’s entertainment and recreation – such as water and amusement parks and museum visits
Theme: Back to School (college)
Sample Industries: Financial Services, Insurance, Automotive
- Use QR codes in direct mailers, newspaper inserts, magazine ads and flyers to schedule insurance policy reviews and investment portfolio reviews as children leave home for college
- Use QR codes in direct mailers, newspaper inserts, magazine ad and flyers to offer back-to-school savings on car purchases or to encourage car maintenance before taking your car to college
Theme: Family Outdoor Entertainment
Sample Industries: Entertainment, Parks & Recreation, Retail, Travel
- Use QR codes on vending posters in commuter areas to promote outdoor concerts and events and reserve tickets instantly with the scan
- Use QR codes in direct mailers and newspapers to link to a mobile-optimized website with outdoor entertaining ideas, recipes and shopping lists
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to link to a calendar of community parks & recreation activities
- Use QR codes to offer discounts on camping and stargazing essentials such as tents, sleeping bags, and outdoor chairs – encourage families to catch the Perseids meteor shower on Aug. 11
Theme: National Golf Month/PGA Tour (Aug. 9)
Sample Industries: Entertainment, Fitness, Recreation, Retail, Travel
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to offer discounts and incentives on golf gear, country club memberships, lessons, and tee time
- Use QR codes to enroll customers in a chance to win tickets to the PGA Tour with loyalty program enrollment
Theme: Outdoor Projects
Sample Industries: Banking, Building Products, Financial Services, Retail
- Use QR codes in promotional flyers to link to a mobile-optimized website offering tips for vegetable harvesting and garden maintenance
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to link to informational content about lawn care best practices during high heat months and water conservation ideas – such as rain barrels and soaker hoses
- Use QR codes at point of sale displays to offer a promotional discount on home, lawn care, or gardening products purchases with loyalty program enrollment
Theme: Home Improvement Projects/Air Conditioning Appreciation Week (Third week of August)
Sample Industries: Banking, Building Products, Financial Services, Property and Casualty Insurance, Retail
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to instantly schedule or quote an air conditioning or furnace inspection or repair
- Use QR codes on promotional flyers to offer a discount on air conditioner filter and provide tips for reducing air conditioning costs – such as planting shade trees and shrubs around your house and installing energy efficient ceiling fans
Need help executing your campaign? We can help! Let us know via our Contact Us page and someone from our team will be in touch to follow up.
1. Include a call to action to improve chances of QR redemption.
2. Test QR codes and review our recommended QR code specifications before launching any campaign.
3. Have a plan in place for how you’re going to retire and redirect content after the life of your QR code promotion.
With the gardening season moving into harvest, August is a perfect month for lawn and garden maintenance, including mowing higher to help your lawn retain water. With the high heat, it’s also a good time to check air conditioning units and take measures to reduce cooling costs and improve water conservation, but don’t forget to couple the outdoor projects and maintenance with summer fun and entertainment before the kids head back to school!
*For more information on how to use QR codes effectively, sign-up for QR Code Tips and Tricks.*
Does your QR code use provide value and convenience with the scan?