November brings perfect temperatures for curling up around the fire with a cup of your favorite warm beverage, conjuring images of family togetherness and thankfulness alike. In the spirit of thankfulness, here are five creative QR code themes to connect with your customers this November.
Theme: Election Day (11/6)
Sample industries: Education/Universities, Entertainment, Government, Museums, Retail, Think Tanks
- Use QR codes on vending posters, flyers and mailers linking to your state’s voter registration website to help customers find the polls on Election Day
- Use QR codes printed on stickers to offer an extra point-of-sale discount to customers who voted on Election Day
- Use QR codes at museum exhibits to link to facts and video reports on the history of suffrage
Theme: America Recycles Day (11/15)
Sample industries: Banking, Financial Services, Fitness, Food Manufacturers, Groceries, Health Insurance, Hospitals and Clinics, Life Insurance, Retail
Did you know? About 80% of what Americans throw away is recyclable, yet our recycling rate is only 28%.
- Use QR codes on vending posters in workplaces and retail locations to share recycling facts and encourage participation
- Use QR codes in commuter areas to link to a mobile-optimized website listing the locations of local recycling drop-offs and the materials they accept
- Use QR codes on plastic and paper shopping bags linking to a website with information and facts encouraging customers to carry re-useable totes
- Use QR codes in customer communications to offer discounts on environmentally friendly products made with post-consumer recycled materials
Theme: Thanksgiving Day (11/22)
Sample Industries: Banking, Financial Services, Groceries, Health Insurance, Hospitals and Clinics, Life Insurance, Retail
- Use QR codes in direct mailers and newspaper inserts to link to a mobile-optimized web form where customers can quickly reserve and pay for their Thanksgiving ham or turkey (or both!)
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to thank customers for their ongoing business by offering a discount on their net Thanksgiving shopping bill
- Use QR codes on flyers and vending posters to link to a mobile optimized website where customers can share their abundance by buying groceries, clothing or a Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need
- Use QR codes on flyers and vending posters to connect customers and employees with local volunteer opportunities
Theme: Black Friday (11/23)
Sample Industries: Banking, Financial Services, Retail
- Use QR codes to offer special financing for Black Friday purchases and holiday shopping
- Use QR codes on promotional posters and flyers to offer special discounts and incentives on Black Friday purchases, such as last year’s creative Mall of America Snap + Win promotion
- Use QR codes printed on free cups of Joe to promote your store’s Black Friday deals
Theme: Winter Housekeeping Items
Sample Industries: Banking, Building Products, Financial Services, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Property & Casualty Insurance, Retail
- Use QR codes in direct mailers to offer customers special financing or incentives on projects such as installing energy-efficient home insulation and last-minute roofing, siding, and gutter inspections and repairs before winter sets in
- Use QR codes on billing statements and promotional customer communications to link to a calendar where customers can dynamically schedule an in-person meeting and policy review; use the meeting to thank customers for their ongoing business and help prepare them for the upcoming year ahead
Need help executing your campaign? We can help! Let us know via our Contact Us page and someone from our team will be in touch to follow up.
1. Include a call to action to improve chances of QR redemption.
2. Test QR codes and review our recommended QR code specifications before launching any campaign.
3. Have a plan in place for how you’re going to retire and redirect content after the life of your QR code promotion.
The warmth of Thanksgiving isn’t limited to a few days alone. Above we’ve provided some creative ideas for using QR codes to thank your customers for their ongoing patronage, while inspiring them to pay it forward with opportunities to extend their giving and the spirit of charity and community beyond the Thanksgiving Holiday.
*For more information on how to use QR codes effectively, sign-up for QR Code Tips and Tricks.*